This recipe is best with
- Crumble crust
- 120g cream crackers (soda pa''eng)
- 70g melted butter
- Cheese mixture
- 300g cream cheese
- 75g castor sugar
- 50ml lemon juice
- 50ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 125ml whipping cream
- 3 tsp gelatine powder
- 125ml boiling water
- Line the base of an 18cm round spring-form pan with parchment paper.
- Break the biscuits into a food processor. Whiz until crumbly in texture and mix in melted butter until well combined. Press biscuit mixture firmly onto the base of prepared pan and chill in the refrigerator.
- Dissolve gelatine powder in boiling water. Cool, then add lemon and orange juices and lemon zest. Stir to mix.
- Whisk whipping cream in a chilled bowl until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy. Add sugar and continue to beat until light. Stir in gelatine mixture and fold in whipped cream to mix.
- Carefully pour mixture into the biscuit-lined pan. Chill for 7-8 hours or preferably overnight until set and firm.