This a good way to add finesse and a tangy punch to your usual cupcakes. So, here is the recipe for orange cupcake.
This recipe is best with
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 85 g icing sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 35 g castor sugar
- 40 g canola oil
- 1 tbsp orange rind (grated)
- 80 g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Cointreau
- 2 tbsp Grand Marnier
- For the topping (caramelised orange rind):
- 1 orange (grate rind into thin strips)
- 1 orange (squeeze out the juice)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- For the icing:
- 100 g cream well
- 50 g butter
- 75 g icing sugar
- A tinge of orange food colouring
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until frothy. Add icing sugar and continue to beat until stiff.
- Sift plain flour and baking powder together.
- Beat egg yolks, castor sugar, canola oil, orange rind and sifted dry ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Add the Cointreau and Grand Marnier. Continue to beat until well combined.
- Fold egg yolk mixture into egg whites to mix.
- Spoon batter into paper-cup cases until three-quarters full and bake for 20 minutes or until puffed up. Cool cupcakes on a wire rack.
- Put orange juice, sugar, salt and grated orange rind in a nonstick pan.
- Simmer until it turns syrupy and orange rind is caramelised. Dish out and leave to cool.
- Beat cream well, butter and icing sugar until light and smooth.
- Add a tinge of orange food colouring. Put frosting into a piping bag fitted with a nozzle. Pipe on top of cupcake and top with caramelised orange skin strips.
For the topping:
For the frosting:
4 thoughts on “Orange Cupcake”
May I know what is cream well? TQ.
Cream well or Krimwell is shortening which is available at any baking supply shops.
Hope this helps.
The Kuali Team.
Poppy seed amount
This is actually an Orange Cupcake recipe. There is no poppy seed in it. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
The Kuali Team.