- 3 red-blooded plums (net weight after slicing should be 125g)
- 30g castor sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp apricot brandy (optional)
- 5 egg whites
- Enough icing sugar for sprinkling
- Stone the plums and cut into thin slices. Put a non-stick saucepan over medium high heat, place in plums, sugarand water and cook to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Stir occasionally until plums are soft. Pour the cooked plums into a clean bowl and add apricot brandy. Set aside to cool completely.
- Butter 4 ramekins or soufflé moulds, then dust them lightly with castor sugar. Preheat oven to 220°C. Beat egg whites on full speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into the cooled plum mixture and mix until evenly incorporated. Spoon the mixture into prepared moulds and bake for 15 minutes or until soufflés are puffy and lightly browned.
- Remove soufflés from the oven and lightly sift icing sugar over the top. Serve immediately.