Slice into this rainbow marble cake and be amazed with the beautiful layers of rainbow colors. A perfect cake recipe for your loved one.
This recipe and photo courtesy of Planta.
- 240 g margarine
- 240 g caster sugar
- 240 g wheat flour sieved
- 2 tsp baking powder sieved
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange peel/rind
- 135 g plain yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla essence
- food colouring different colours
- Beat margarine and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, a little at a time.
- Then add orange juice, orange peel and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Add flour and yogurt slowly until it is all mixed well.
- Divide the batter into several potions according to the required colours. Colour the batter accordingly.
- Slowly pour one coloured batter after another into the baking tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180 degrees Celcius for about 30-45 minutes.
- Tips: After step 6, run a baking skewer through the batter to get the marble effect.
- For variation, replace orange juice with lemon juice and orange rind with lemon rind.