This recipe is best with
- 180g butter
- 230g soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp chocolate emulco
- 3 eggs
- 50g cocoa powder
- 160ml chocolate flavoured UHT milk
- 255g plain flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- Grease and line a 23cm round or square cake tin with greaseproof paper. Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Sift the cocoa powder, plain flour and baking powder twice.
- Beat butter, sugar and essence until light and fluffy. Add honey and chocolate emulco.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in sifted dry ingredients and stir in chocolate milk gradually. Beat until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake for 75-80 minutes or until cake is cooked through.