This recipe is best with
- Lady Fingers
- 5 nos egg yolks
- 50 g castor sugar
- 5 nos egg whites
- 80 g caster sugar
- 150 g plain flour
- 50 g corn flour
- Tiramisu Filling
- 500 g Mascarpone cheese
- 125 g icing sugar
- 500 g whipping cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp sherry (optional)
- 20 g gelatine
- 80 g cold water
- Coffee Syrup
- 4 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 150 g hot boiling water
- 4 tbsp castor sugar
- 3 tbsp kahlua (Optional)
- Grease a baking sheet and line it with baking parchment.
- Whisk the egg whites until they stand in soft peaks, gradually whisk in 80g of sugar and continue to whisk until the mixture is stiff and glossy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the yolks and 50g of sugar till pale and thick under hot water bath.
- Using a spatula, fold the yolks mixture into meringue and sift in the flour till well mixed.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a plain 2cm nozzle, start piping 6cm long fingers onto the greased tray.
- Dust the piped fingers with icing sugar to form a layer of crust before baking.
- Bake at 190 degrees Celcius for 15 to 18 minutes until fingers are golden brown and firm to touch.
- Transfer fingers to wire rack and cool. Lastly, dust with icing sugar.
- Beat mascarpone and icing sugar till smooth.
- Sprinkle gelatine on cold water; allow it to stand for 5 minutes, heating until gelatine is dissolved under the double boiler. Keep covered until ready to use.
- Whisk cream and vanilla until soft peak.
- Fold whipped cream into cheese mixture, add in sherry and stir in melted gelatine lastly.
- Dissolve instant coffee powder with sugar and hot water.
- Cool, add kahlua and set aside.
- Lightly soak the sponge fingers in coffee syrup and arrange a layer of fingers nicely and evenly on a 23cm round springform cake pan.
- Spread one portion of the cheese mixture on the cake.
- Place second layer of soaked fingers on the cheese mixture.
- Spread the second portion of the cheese mixture on the cake and place the last layer of soaked fingers onto the cheese mixture.
- Lastly, spread the remaining cheese mixture onto the fingers and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight to allow the tiramisu to set firm.
- Unmold the cake, arrange the remaining sponge fingers around the cake and dust with a layer of cocoa powder.
- Now, your tiramisu is ready to be served.
- Alternatively, you can also serve the tiramisu in nice individual glasses.
Assembling of Tiramisu Cake