- 2 eggs
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 120ml corn oil
- B - (combined and sifted twice):
- 200g plain flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 40g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 180g carrot, grated
- 40g pitted prunes, chopped
- Put ingredients (A) into a large mixing bowl. Add in sifted dry ingredients (B) and mix well to blend with a hand whisk. Do not over-mix.
- Add grated carrot and mix then stir in walnuts and pitted prunes.
- Spoon out heaped tablespoons of batter to fill greased muffins pan moulds to three-quarters full.
- Bake in preheated oven at 190°C for 20-25 minutes or until muffins are fully risen and cooked through.