This recipe is best with
- 150g butter
- 95g castor sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 110g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1½ tsp black treacle
- 45g toasted walnuts, chopped
- Line a muffin tray with paper cups and preheat oven at 180°C.
- Beat butter, sugar and essence until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in treacle followed by walnuts. Fold in sifted flour to mix.
- Spoon batter into paper cups and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a wooden skewer.