Dodol is a nostalgic Malay candy that worth your two to three hours of making it. It’s a must for traditional families to serve it on Hari Raya Aidilfitri.
Check out other Hari Raya recipes u can try out to complete your dining table!
- 1kg glutinous rice flour
- 1.35L thick coconut milk
- 875g sugar
- 10 pandan leaves, cut into 3cm pieces
- 250ml water
- A few drops of green coloring
- Blend pandan leaves with 250ml water, then put through a fine strainer. Add green colouring to the pandan juice.
- Add sugar to the juice and bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar. Strain the pandan syrup and set aside.
- Put glutinous rice flour into a mixing bowl. Add coconut milk and mix into a batter. Strain batter into a nonstick pan.
- Stir pandan syrup into the glutinous rice mixture and cook over low heat, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon until mixture starts to thicken.
- Continue stirring for 1½ to two hours until mixture turns into an oily lump of dough.
- Remove dodol and put onto a dish. Smoothen the surface with a plastic spatula and set aside to cool completely before cutting.