It’s time to prepare for Hari Raya Aidilfitri. Have you list down the numbers of kuih raya to put on your table this year? Maybe Kuih Siput can be one of it, you’ll be surprised as it’s not that difficult to make!
- 100g margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or water
- 1 tsp cumin (jintan putih)
- 1 tsp fennel (jintan manis)
- 1 sprig curry leaves (10 leaves)
- 1/2 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (kunyit)
- 230g flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Rub margarine into flour with fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add egg, pounded ingredients and coconut milk or water.
- Knead well into a soft dough. Use mould to shape into small shell shapes.
- Heat wok with oil and deep fry till crisp and golden.
- Drain on absorbent kitchen paper towels. Cool then store in airtight containers.