- 300g chicken, cut into fairly large pieces
- 200g pork rib bones
- 2 litres water
- 600g watermelon skin
- 100g carrots, cut into chunky pieces
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 1 tsp chicken stock granules
- Remove the red part or flesh from the watermelon skin. Cut off the outer green part of the skin and slice the white part into 2cm-thick slices.
- Bring water to a boil, add pork ribs and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove scum, if any. Add chicken pieces and carrots, and simmer for 30 more minutes.
- Add in melon skin and allow simmering for 15 to 20 minutes or until melon skin is just tender. Add seasoning then dish out and serve.