- 150g rice, washed and soaked for 1 hour
- 1 chicken breast
- 75g small dried oysters, washed and soaked until soft
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 century egg, cut into eight slices
- Chopped spring onions
- Chopped red chillies
- Garlic crisps
- Bring 1 1/2 litres water to a boil. Add chicken breast and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove chicken and reserve the stock. Shred chicken meat.
- Place chicken stock, rice and oysters in a double boiler pot and double boil until rice is puffed up and cooked. Add seasoning.
- Dish out porridge and serve with shredded chicken meat and garnishing.