This recipe is best with
- 2 sheets pre-packed puff pastry
- 4 ramekins
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped coarsely
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 100g bacon, fat trimmed and chopped
- 250g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 roasted chicken, deboned, skin removed and meat roughly chopped
- 250ml chicken stock
- 125ml whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick saucepan; add in leek and garlic and fry for 20-30 seconds. Put in bacon and continue to fry for 1-2 minutes until soft. Add mushrooms and chicken. Fry and cook until mushrooms are soft.
- Combine cornflour with about 1-2 tablespoons of the chicken stock and add to the chicken and mushroom mixture. Pour in remaining chicken stock and cook till it boils. Reduce the heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes, then pour in the whipping cream. Stir well to mix for 30-40 seconds. Dish out. Add parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Leave aside to cool then refrigerate for 2-3 hours before use.
- Lightly grease ramekins with butter. Using the tops of ramekins as a guide, cut out 3-4 rounds from the sheet of puff pastry. Divide the portion of filling between ramekins and fill up to about ¾ full. Place the pastry circles on top of the filling. Use a fork to seal the edges then pierce a small hole in the centre of each top.
- Brush lightly with beaten egg. Arrange the ramekins on a baking tray and bake in preheated oven at 200°C for 18-20 minutes or until the top is puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately.