Fragrant chicken wrapped in pandan leaves. You can substitute with prawns too!
- 500g chicken drumstick, deboned and cut into 20-25 bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp oil
- 20-25 pieces pandan leaves (use large ones if possible)
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- ¾ tbsp meat curry powder
- ½ tsp chicken stock granules
- ½ tsp sugar or to taste
- 50ml thick coconut milk
- 1 small egg
- Marinate chicken with seasoning for at least 1-2 hours. Add oil and mix well. Take a piece of pandan leaf and wrap each piece of chicken.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep-fry the pieces for at least 3-5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Dish out and drain from oil.
- Note: If using prawns, shell them and cut each into two. Proceed with the recipe as for the chicken.