Arrowroot chips is a well-loved snack served during Chinese New Year.
- 500g arrowroot bulbs (nga ku)
- salt to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
- Wash and peel arrowroot. Slice the arrowroot thinly using a mandolin.
- Lightly sprinkle some salt over the arrowroot slices. Arrange the slices on a tray and dry well by patting with paper towels.
- Heat the oil in a wok and deep fry the slices of arrowroot to a light, golden brown colour. Do not overcrowd the wok when frying. Dish out and drain on paper towels.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.