Agnes Lin Siew Chin shares her love for Stir-fried Rice Cake, a must-have dish for most Hokkien and Foochow families in Malaysia during Chinese New Year.
This video is originally published in StarTV.com.
- Simmered Mushrooms:
- 20 shiitake mushroom
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1L water
- Stir Fried Rice Cake:
- 400g rice cake (1 pack)
- oil for frying
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 25g dried shrimps, chopped finely
- 3 simmered mushroom, sliced
- 100g pork, diced
- 2 stalks leeks, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 cup water
- To prepare the mushrooms, in a pot, add sugar and water with the mushroom and simmer until soft. The mushroom can be kept in the fridge and use in stir-frying when necessary.
- For the rice cakes, soak them in water overnight before draining out the water.
- In a wok, add in some oil for frying. Saute garlic, dried shrimps, mushroom and pork for a few minutes.
- Add in leeks and the soaked rice cakes.
- Season with sesame oil and oyster sauce.
- Add in 1 cup of water, stir fry for 5 minutes and serve.