- Wash and dry okra. Its important that the okra is dry to avoid its slime. So dry it before you slice the okra as desired.
- Heat oil in pan over very low heat and add mustard seeds, cumin and fennel.
- When mustard seeds start to splutter, add the diced onions, garlic, ginger, curry leaves, green and dried chillis.
- Stir fry the whole masala for about a minute and then add turmeric and okra.
- At this stage , bring the heat up to medium and add salt to the okra.
- Gently stir fry till the okra is coated with the spices.
- When the vegetable is soft to the touch, its done. Remove from heat and serve.
- Note : this is the best way to familiarise your self with the taste of whole spices.
- This is a very familiar classic Indian dish. This is Still one of my favourite all time vegetacle dish.
- If you add yogurt to this dish , it becomes a fried okra raita. the possibilities with this basic dish is immense.
You may also like