Alina Chiu shares her love for Stuffed Fried Bean Curd, must-have dish for most Kwangsi families in Malaysia during Chinese New Year.
The leftover stuffing can be used to make stuffed eggs, stuffed chili or stuffed bitter gourd.
This video is originally published in StarTV.com.
- 20 fried bean curd
- 200g pork, minced
- 2 mackerel, minced
- 3 water chestnut, diced finely
- chives, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- Mix minced pork together with mackerel.
- Add in seasonings and water chestnut.
- Mix in chopped chives as desire.
- Add in a spoon of oil to the mixture.
- Before stuffing, gently twist the bean curd to loosen it up.
- Fill the stuffing about three quarters full into the fried bean curd.
- Boil the stuffed bean curd in water for 5 to 10 minutes or until cooked.