This recipe is best with
- 12 large prawns
- 4 salted egg yolks, steamed for 8-10 minutes and mashed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped bird´s eye chillies
- 6 dried red chillies, cut into sections
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp potato starch
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chicken stock granules
- Wash prawns and trim the feelers. Drain well. Add egg white and potato starch.
- Toss in cornflour then deep-fry prawns in hot oil for about a minute. Dish out and put aside.
- Heat wok with butter and fry egg yolks over a gentle low fire until it starts to bubble. Add in garlic, ginger, dried chillies and bird´s eye chillies. Fry until fragrant.
- Add in seasoning and return prawns to the wok. Toss and fry briskly until prawns are well coated with the sauce. Dish out and serve.