- Clean the pork knuckles and bring the meat to boil in cold water with two pieces of ginger to remove impurities and smell.
- Turn off the heat, drain, and rinse the pork knuckles. Set aside.
- Put the ginger, garlic, shallots, fresh red chilli and bird eye chilli in a blender and blend to a smooth paste.
- Heat up the wok with some cooking oil and stir fry the paste till fragrant.
- Then add in the pork knuckle and stir fry for about 2-3 minutes and add some water to deglaze the pan.
- Transfer the pork knuckles to a pot and add more water until it covers the meat and let it boil. Once boiling, put on the lid and let it simmer for 30mins on low heat.
- After 30mins, add in the remaining ingredients (light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar, salt and asam juice) and let it simmer for another 20mins.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with coriander (if using) and serve.
You may also like