Ingredients is not available.
- Sift self-raising flour and bicarbonate of soda together into a mixing bowl. Add in sugar and salt to mix.
- Stir in egg, milk and water to mix. Add in melted butter. Mix well to combine with a hand whisk or use an electric mixer to blend the mixture well together.
- Lastly add in the alkaline water. Put batter aside for an hour, covered with a clean damp towel.
- Meanwhile, heat a small non-stick saucepan over a medium-low fire. Lightly grease the pan with an oiled tea towel. Pour one ladleful of batter into the pan, swirling it around quickly to coat it with a thin batter. Sprinkle some groundnuts and sugar over the batter then cover pan with a lid.
- Cook the batter over low heat for 11 ½ minutes or until the centre of the batter is cooked through and the edges are golden brown and crispy. Fold the pancake into a half-moon and remove from the pan. Repeat with the rest of the batter.