This recipe is best with
- 125g butter or margarine
- 75g castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 250g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 10g cocoa powder
- 40g oats
- Line baking trays with non-stick parchment paper. Preheat oven at 160°C.
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar. Beat in egg and continue to cream until light.
- Stir in sifted dry ingredients and add oats. Roll out dough between two sheets of plastic. Cut into desired shapes. Place on prepared baking trays and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove onto wire racks to cool before storing cookies in an airtight container.