Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Wong Chew Li for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
“If you are a Teh Tarik and boba lover, you probably couldn’t miss this recipe! Teh Tarik (Malaysian pulled tea) is a lukewarm drink, which made from black tea blended with condensed milk. Teh” which means “tea” and “tarik” which means “pulled, is one of the popular national drinks in Malaysia. People like to pair it with roti canai and nasi lemak for their breakfast or afternoon tea and it never fails to win our heart. When we paired Teh Tarik and boba, make it into cheesecake, you can definitely feel the silky smooth and sweet flavoured tea, followed by delightful, chewy gumdrops of pearls. Can’t wait to try? lets bake this together!” – Wong Chew Li
- Burnt cheesecake dough
- Cream cheese 400g
- Sugar 80g
- 3 eggs + 1 egg yolk (total 180g)
- corn starch 16g
- Whipping cream 195g
- Tea bag (2g x 5)/tea leave 10g
- Condensed milk 50g
- Cream cheese frosting
- Cream cheese 100g
- Whipping cream 85g
- Icing Sugar 20g
- Teh tarik glacage
- 5g water
- 1g gelatin
- 35g sugar
- 20g water
- Tea bag (2gx2)/tea leave 4g
- Whipping cream 25g
- Note: This recipe is for 6 inch round mould
- Pour the whipping cream, condensed milk and tea leave into a bowl, cook on low heat until boil and set aside to cool down.
- Crumple the parchment paper and place in the cake mold.
- Preheat your oven to 220’C.
- Smooth the cream cheese by using the spatula until soft and creamy. (Ensure your cream cheese is in room temperature)
- Add in sugar, use the whisk to mix the batter until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add in corn flour, mix into the batter using whisk.
- Beat the egg in another bowl, add in the egg into the batter gradually (5 times) until smooth.
- Mix the whipping cream (step 1) into the batter and mix well.
- Sieve the batter before transfer it to the cake mold.
- Bake in preheated oven at 220’C for 22 to 25 mins until golden brown.
- Put the cake aside to cool down.
- Beat the cream cheese at medium speed until smooth.
- Add in icing sugar twice into the mixture and continue to beat at medium speed.
- Pour the whipping cream into a clean bowl, beat at medium to high speed until medium peak.
- Add the whipped cream into the beaten cream cheese, gently mix it using spatula
- Once the burnt cheesecake is completely cool, layer the top with the cream cheese frosting
- Refrigerate the cheesecake at least an hour or chill in the freezer for at least 15 to 20 mins.
- Pour gelatin powder into 5g water and mix well, then set aside.
- Add in sugar, water and tea leave into a bowl, stir the mixture before move to the stove.
- Stir the mixture at low heat to bring it to a boil.
- Remove from the stove, add in step 1 .
- Sieve the mixture, set aside and let it cool down.
- Pour the mixture into the cheesecake and refrigerate for at least 3 hours/overnight.
- After 3 hours/overnight, decorate the cake with boba on the top.