This recipe is best with
- Asam Pedas:
- 6 g dried chili
- 30 g lemongrass, fine slice
- 15 g fresh tumeric, slice
- 150 g peeled shallot, slice
- 20 g peeled garlic, slice
- 20 g belacan
- 20 g adabi tamarind pulp (seedless)
- 15 g salt
- 10 g sugar
- Asam Pedas Ikan Berlemak:
- 280 g asam paste
- 800 g water
- 20 g sugar
- 25 g ready made tamarind paste
- 1 kg fresh fish
- 6 pcs lady finger, cut into 2
- A handful of egg plant, cut wedges
- 2 tomato, cut wedges
- 350 g Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- Daun kesum
- Ginger flower, thinly slice
- Soak dry chili in hot water for 10 minutes then drain.
- Blend everything into a paste. This paste can keep frozen until needed.
- Bring asam paste, water, sugar, salt and tamarind paste to boil.
- Add in fish and vegetables and simmer until vegetables are tender and fish is cooked. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Lastly add anchor extra yield cooking cream, bring to simmer, take off heat and add daun kesum and ginger flower and serve. Enjoy!