Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Lee Hong for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
“Inspired by the Malaysia popular and flavour taste fruit, Banana King and Cempedak Champion to create this unique flavour of Duo Flavour, Banana and Cempedak Burnt Cheesecake.” – Lee Hong
This recipe is best with
- 500 Gram Anchor Cream Cheese
- 150 Gram Caster Sugar
- 250 ml Whipping Cream
- 40 Gram Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 Chicken Egg
- 120 Gram Raja Pisang / Banana King Flesh
- 120 Gram Cempedak Flesh
- Preheat the oven with 250 Degree Celcius.
- Add the cream cream into food processor. Beat the cream cheese till creamy.
- Add the sugar and continue to mix it.
- Add the egg one at a time and mix it well before next one.
- Add the lemon juice, whipping cream, butter and mix it well.
- Remove 300g mixture and keep it aside and known as Mixture II. The remaining is know as Mixture I.
- Add the banana flesh in the current Mixture I and mix it well.
- Strain the Mixture I with a colander and keep it aside.
- Add the Mixture II back into the Food Processor. Add the cempedak flesh and mix it well.
- Strain the Mixture II with a colander and keep it aside.
- Add the Mixture I into the cake mould.
- Add the Mixture II on top of Mixture I.
- Bake the cream cheese mixture in the oven for 250C for 25-30minutes or the top appear dark brown color.
- Remove it from oven and cool down in the room temperature
- Add into fridge once it is cool down completely. Keep in fridge at least 5 hours before serving.
- Optional to serve this burnt cheesecake with Caramelised Banana.