Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Lim Chih Pei for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest. “The Basque Burnt Cheesecake (BBC) needs no introduction, it was literally the recipe of the year aka MCO season in 2020 whereby everybody learnt to make one. It looks and is approachable even to newbies in the kitchen, so delicious yet does not require any sophisticated bakeware to accomplish. This is my favourite version of BBC after making a few tweaks, which produces a really creamy texture that’s not too sweet and has a nice balance of flavour.” – Lim Chih Pei
- 375g cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 110g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 135g heavy cream
- 50g black sesame paste
- 6" round cake pan (3" tall, 6" in diameter)
- Parchment paper
- Pre-heat your oven to 220 degrees celcius and line a 6" round pan with your parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar with a hand mixer on medium speed until the mixture is well combined and lightened in colour and texture. This should take about 4 to 5 minutes and the mixture should be creamy and lump-free. Scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally to ensure even distribution.
- With the mixer on low speed, add in the eggs, one at a time; ensuring each egg is well-combined before adding in the next one.
- Next, add in the heavy cream and black sesame paste, and mix until just combined.
- Pour the cheese cake mixture into the lined cake pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The top should be nicely browned and when you gently shake the cake pan, the cake should still have a slight jiggle. Allow the cake to cool completely at room temperature before stashing in the fridge to chill overnight.
- Slice, serve and enjoy.