Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Lee Hong for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
“The idea burnt cheesecake must have gooey molten on the inside and dark caramelized on the outside. This recipe meet these condition. The lemon will reduce greasy and improve the taste of cheesecake.” – Lee Hong
This recipe is best with
- 500 Gram Cream Cheese
- 150 Gram Caster Sugar
- 250 ml Whipping Cream
- 40 Gram Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 Chicken Egg
- Preheat the oven with 250 Degree Celcius.
- Line the 6" cake mould with parchment paper, keep aside.
- Remove the Anchor cream cheese from fridge and let it soft in the room temperature.
- Add the cream cream into a food processor. Beat the cream cheese till soft and creamy.
- Add the sugar. Continue to mix it. The cream cheese appear smooth.
- Add the egg one at a time and mix it before the next egg.
- Add the whipping cream and mix it well.
- Add the lemon and mix it well.
- Add the butter and mix it well.
- Strain the mixture with a colander.
- Add the cream cheese mixture into the cake mould.
- Bake the cream cheese mixture in the oven for 250C for 25-30minutes or the top appear dark brown color.
- Remove it from oven and cool down in the room temperature.
- Add into fridge once it is cool down completely. Keep in fridge at least 5 hours before serving.