This recipe is courtesy of Anchor Dairy.
This recipe is best with
- Cake Batter:
- 120g egg whites, divided
- 75g powder sugar
- 55g ground almond
- 50g cake flour
- 50g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 15g sugar
- 80g candied chestnut pieces
- Chestnut Cream:
- 85g chestnut spread
- 25ml Anchor UHT Milk
- Preheat oven to 160ºC.
- Butter the loaf pan.
- Using a saucepan heat the butter until melted and browned, the set aside to cool down.
- Sift together powder sugar, ground almond, cake flour, use a rubber spatula and add in half of the egg whites and fold all the ingredients together.
- Whisk the remaining egg whites with sugar until firm peaks. Use this to fold into the batter, taking care not to deflate the whisked whites.
- Fold in the candied chestnut pieces
- Pour the batter into the loaf pans and bake for 30-40 minutes
- Once ready cool it over a cooling rack and unmold it
- Combine chestnut spread and milk together. Using a spatula fold both ingredients heated in a saucepan over medium to low heat.
- To assemble, transfer the chestnut cream into the pastry bag fitted with vermicelli tip and pipe it generously over the cake.
- Its now ready to serve
Making the cake: