This recipe is best with
- Cake Batter
- 75g Corn Oil
- 135g Anchor Whipping Cream
- 150g Low Protein Flour, sieved
- 120g Egg Yolk
- Meringue Batter
- 180g Egg White
- 5g Lemon Juice
- 90g Caster Sugar
- 1g Salt
- Topping: Cream Cheese Lava
- 35g Egg Yolk
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 20g Corn Starch
- misc, Vanilla Essence
- 300g Anchor Full Cream Milk
- 120g Anchor Cream Cheese, room temp
- 250g Anchor Whipping Cream, semi soft peak
- 200g Anchor Whipping Cream, Ccold
- Topping: Condiments
- misc, Apple Pie Filling
- misc, Digestive Biscuit Crumble
- misc, Biscoff Spread
- Preheat oven to 160°C top heat, 100°C bottom heat.
- Using hand whisk mix corn oil, whipping cream and flour, add in yolk and mix until homogenous.
- Using a handheld mixer, whisk egg white until bubbly, add lemon juice, caster sugar and salt whisk until soft peak. (70% peak)
- Using a spatula, add 1/3 meringue into yolk mixture mix well then pour everything into a meringue and fold well. Tap the mould on the table.
- Bake for 15-20mins until lightly brown, reduce temperature to 140°C and bake another 10-15mins, check with a skewer.
- Remove from oven, shock the cake by dropping the mould on the counter/chopping board to release some heat from the cake.
- Remove cake from the mould and rest on a rack until cooled.
- Using a hand whisk, mix egg yolk, caster sugar, corn starch and vanilla essence, set aside.
- Lightly boil anchor milk and pour some into egg mixture, then pour back to the pot and cook the custard on low heat until thickened, whisking it all the time.
- Add in anchor cream cheese and mix well with a hand whisk until smooth and shiny. (Optional, can also blend with a hand blender until smooth and shiny.) Wrap and chill.
- Using a handheld mixer, whip anchor whipping cream to semi-soft peak, whip chilled cream cheese custard until smooth, pour in semi-soft peak whipping cream and whip until smooth and fluffy.
- Pour in cold anchor whipping cream to adjust the desired consistency, use a spatula to mix it.
- Wrap a piece of acetate sheet around the cake, secure it with tape.
- Pour 150g of cream cheese topping, top it with biscoff spread, apple pie filling and crumble, enjoy! (You may adjust according to your desire flavours)
To Make Cake Batter
To Make Cream Cheese Lava