This recipe is best with
- Crunchy Oat Base:
- 200g Digestive Cookies
- 50g Rolled Oats (Toasted)
- 20g Brown Sugar
- 5g Salt
- 95g Anchor Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- Moist Chocolate Cake:
- 130g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 200g Brown Sugar
- 100g Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 190g Cake Flour
- 6g Baking Soda
- 20g Cocoa Powder
- 20ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- 250ml Anchor UHT Whipping Cream
- 5ml Vanilla Essence
- Chocolate Pudding:
- 20g Cocoa Powder
- 40g Cornstarch
- 200ml Anchor UHT Whipping Cream
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 200ml Anchor UHT Full Cream Milk
- 90g Brown Sugar
- 2g Sea Salt
- 70g Milk Chocolate
- Take a 9" cake ring and cover the base with aluminium foil, making sure there are no holes.
- In a bowl, crush digestive cookies. Add in rolled oats, brown sugar, salt and melted Anchor Unsalted Butter.
- Press it firmly to the bottom of the cake ring.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180C.
- In a mixing bowl, cream Anchor Unsalted Butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in olive oil and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time until mixed well.
- Sift in the flours and cocoa powder, then mix well.
- Add the Anchor Whipping Cream, apple cider vinegar and vanilla essence and mix well until no lumps of flours can be seen.
- Pour into the cake ring and bake for 30-40 minutes. (Check with a bamboo skewer)
- Set aside to cool.
- In a saucepan, stir the cocoa powder and cornstarch together.
- Stream in the Anchor Whipping Cream, Anchor UHT Milk, egg yolks and brown sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until thickens, about 6 to 8 minutes, while whisking constantly.
- When thickens, sieve the pudding into a bowl.
- Stir in salt and milk chocolate, and mix well until chocolate is fully melted.
- Pour over moist chocolate cake and spread it evenly with a spatula for a smooth surface.
- Put pudding in a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle, pipe decorations on top.
Crunchy Oat Base:
Moist Chocolate Cake: