This recipe is best with
- Citrus Butter Cake:
- 260g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 360g All Purpose Flour
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- 65g Ground Almond
- 85g Orange Juice
- Zest of lemon
- Zest of orange
- Zest of lime
- Lemon syrup:
- 40g Caster Sugar
- 100g Water
- 50g Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven at 165 °C. Grease the cake mould with butter or oil spray.
- In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, beat Anchor Butter and sugar at medium speed until fluffy.
- Gradually add in egg and mix well.
- Turn the mixer to low speed, add in sifted flour, baking powder and ground almond and mix well.
- Lastly, add in orange juice, zest of lemon, orange and lime. Mix well.
- Fill 635g of batter into the cake mould 18cmx8cm.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and brush lemon syrup onto the top of cake.
- Leave in room temperature to cool down.
- Bring the water and sugar to boil, add the lemon juice and let it cool.