This recipe is a courtesy of Anchor Dairy
This recipe is best with
- 120g all purpose flour
- 2g baking powder
- 1g salt
- 5g curry powder
- 10g sesame oil
- 120g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 80g sugar
- 20g egg yolk
- 5g vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and curry powder
- In a separate large bowl, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and sesame oil together until light and fluffy
- Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Shape the dough into a disk and wrap it in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 175C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take 10g of dough and roll into a ball.
- Press a fork on a cookie and decorate with a curry leaf.
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.