Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Artsy Ocean for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
- 5” inch size baking pan
- Unsalted butter (for pan) or baking spray for the baking pan
- 250g Anchor Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 40g condensed milk
- 1 Medium egg
- 50g Durian Flesh
- 20g Coconut extract
- 170g whipping cream
- 1 tsp All-Purpose flour
- 100g cendol
- For the topping (Optional)
- 20g Cendol
- Place a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 200°C. Use butter or baking spray to coat the baking pan, then line it with parchment paper (leave the parchment paper around 2" above top of the pan on all sides). Press the parchment paper to all sides of the pan to get a neat crease.
- Beat the room temperature, Anchor cream cheese and evaporated milk in your mixing bowl. You can use stand or hand mixer on medium-high speed. Scrape down sides of the bowl and beat again until smooth and no lumps remain and sugar has dissolved.
- Mesh the durian flesh and add into the mixture.
- Add the egg and beat it for 15 seconds or until the egg is incorporated in the mixture. Scrape down sides of bowl, then reduce mixer speed to medium-low.
- Add the coconut extract and whipping cream and all-purpose flour and beat all until combined, about 30 seconds. Scrape the sides and mix for another 15 seconds or until all well combined.
- Scrape the sides and continue to beat until batter is very smooth, homogenous, and silky, about 10 seconds or until well combined. Pour over the mixture to the baking pan.
- Put in the baking pan in the pre-heated oven and bake the burnt cheesecake until deeply golden brown on top and still very jiggly, around 20-25 minutes* (depending on oven type). Let cool and fridge it overnight.
- Put on top durian flesh and cendol
- Take out the cheese cake from the baking pan and carefully peel off the parchment papers.
- Decorate on top with durian and cendol.
- Dip knife into hot water, wipe it and cut a slice