This recipe is best with
- Tart Dough:
- 75g cold water
- 5g salt
- 160g all purpose flour
- 55g Anchor Unsalted Butter, melted
- 250g Anchor Butter Sheet
- Egg Tart Filling:
- 50g sugar
- 50g water
- 60g whole egg
- 40g egg yolk
- 150g Anchor UHT Whipping Cream
- 130g Anchor UHT Full Cream Milk
- Mix dough ingredients together until combined.
- Wrap square out the dough same size as the butter sheet and keep in chiller overnight.
- Bring sugar and water to boil to make simple syrup set aside and let it cool.
- Add the all the ingredients together with the simple syrup and blend with hand blender, or whisk until everything become homogenous.
- Sieve the filling and set aside until needed.
- Bring dough and butter sheet out at room temperature for 10-15mins, or temperature of dough and butter sheet is 14°C-18°C.
- Roll dough into rectangular size, double of the butter sheet in length.
- Lock in - Position roll out dough at vertically facing you, butter on one half of dough near you, fold top part of the dough towards you to wrap the butter sheet. Flatten the dough and butter sheet together with a rolling pin then roll out into double the length.
- Again dough is vertically facing you, do a single fold and rotate 90°, roll out into double length.
- Now do a 3 fold and rotate 90°, roll out into double length. Chill dough for 45mins.
- Now do a 4 fold and rotate 90° , roll out into double length, repeat another 2 times. Chill dough for 45mins.
- Roll out final dough into 3mm and cut with a 7cm round cutter. Place it into a 7cm tart mould, lightly press dough onto mould with fingertips.
- Preheat oven to 235°C-240°C.
- Pour in filling (about 80% full), bake for 10-12mins. Reduce heat to 190°C and continue baking for another 5-6mins. Enjoy!