This recipe is best with
- Pastry Cream
- 250ml Anchor UHT Milk
- 5ml Vanilla Extract
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 60g Sugar
- 15g Corn Starch
- 15g All Purpose Flour
- 30g Ground Almond
- 14g Anchor Butter Unsalted
- 5 Peaches
- Cake Batter
- 250g Flour
- 6g Baking Powder
- 3g Salt
- 150g Anchor Butter Unsalted softened
- 150g Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 5g Vanilla Extract
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Egg wash
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 5g Anchor Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Butter the 8 inch round cake mold and set aside
- Sift flour and baking powder together then add in salt. In a sperate bowl cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and lemon zest.
- Stir in flour and transfer to a piping bag.
- Bring the milk to boil
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar together. Add in the Flour and corn starch.
- Pour the hot milk over the egg mixture and whisk until all ingredients are combined.
- Use a sieve to strain the mixture and return to the stove on a medium heat, continue to stir using a whisk until it bubbles then add the almond powder.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and cool to room temperature.
- Using a fork combine egg yolk and whipping cream together
- Starting from the center pipe a thigh spiral of the cake batter outwards.
- When you reach to the end, continue piping around the circumference of the pan to the top so that the sides are well covered.
- Whisk the pastry cream till its smooth and stretchy. Add this to the center of the cake mold. Cut the peaches is quarter and lay them nicely. Spread the pastry cream to cover the peaches.
- Pipe the remaining cake batter in a spiral over the crème. Smooth out any gaps. Allow the cake to rest 35 minutes before baking.
- Brush the surface with egg wash. Score the surface with a fork. Bake till golden brown then turn down the heat to 170ºC and bake for further 20 -25 minutes. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before unmolding.
- Special Instructions / Tips: Use a heavy base bottom pan for making the pastry cream and be careful not to burn the bottom of the pan.