This recipe is best with
- Onion Chutney:
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 20 shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 dried red chili, roughly chopped
- 1 small size tamarind, soaked
- 1.5 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp urad dhal
- A handful of curry leaves
- Cheese Sandwich:
- 8 pcs sandwich bread (thick cut)
- 4 tbsp Anchor Unsalted Butter, softened
- 8 pcs chicken/turkey ham slices
- 4 slices Anchor Processed Cheddar Slices
- 170g Mainland Colby Block, grated
- Stir fry shallots in sesame oil till light golden. Add salt, chili and tamarind and continue frying till fragrant. Blend all the fried ingredients in a processor and set aside.
- In another pan, heat sesame oil and add in mustard seed and urad dal. Add in curry leaves and remove from heat once fragrant. Pour the oil into the blended paste and mix well.
- Tips: You can mix 1 tbsp sugar into the onion chutney if it is too spicy for your taste
- Heat a non stick pan on medium heat.
- Butter bread slice on one side with softened Anchor Unsalted Butter and spread another side of the bread with onion chutney. Place 2 slices of bread in the pan (onion chutney surface up), top it up with 1 slice of Anchor Processed Cheddar and 2 slices of chicken ham. Continue topping it with some grated Mainland Colby.
- Cover the sandwich with the other slice of bread. Using a spatula press the sandwich down for about 5 mins. Once the bottom piece of bread is golden brown, flip the sandwich and get the other side nice and golden brown, and cheese in between are nicely melted. This takes another 5 mins. Transfer to cutting board.
- Cut and serve.