This recipe is best with
- 220g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 150g icing sugar
- 3 mandarin zest
- 100g ground almond
- 1 whole egg
- 210g all purpose flour
- 90g corn flour
- 2tsp orange emulco/ essence
- 60g almond nibs, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven at 160 °C.
- In a mixer with paddle attachment, beat butter, icing sugar and mandarin zest together until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add in eggs and orange emulco to mix.
- Sift flour and corn starch together and mix into the mixture.
- Lastly, mix in almond nibs.
- Divide the dough into 4 smaller dough. Roll each dough into cylinder. Keep in the fridge for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Slice each piece about 8mm thickness and line on the baking tray.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown colour.