This recipe is courtesy of Anchor Dairy.
This recipe is best with
- 300g Water
- 3g Dried Blue Pea Flower
- 30g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 50g Pandan Leaves
- 3pcs Lime Leaf
- 250g Basmathi Rice, Cleaned
- 170g Anchor Extra Yield
- 150g Desiccated Coconut, Toasted
- 30g Carrot, Julienne
- 50g Purple Cabbage, Julienne
- 50g Pomegranate
- Fresh Herb Mix:
- 5g Kaffir Lime Leaf, Fine Julienne
- 5g Red Chili, Seeded, Julienne
- 5g Bunga Kantan, Thin Sliced
- Lime Wedges
- Heat water to almost boiling, add blue pea flower, cover and let it steep for 15mins. Remove flower.
- In a rice cooker, melt Anchor Unsalted Butter and saute pandan leaves, lime leaf, and lemongrass trimming until fragrant.
- Add in Anchor Extra Yield, blue water and salt. Stir to mix well.
- Add in basmati rice, and cook in the rice cooker.
- While waiting, prepare the condiments, cook/bake desiccated coconut until fragrant and set aside.
- Cut all vegetables separately, and set them aside.
- Cut all fresh herbs and mix together, set aside.
- When rice is done, take out pandan leaves and fluff the rice, allow to cool until warm to touch.
- Assemble on a plate, serve with a lime wedge and sambal belacan on the side. Enjoy!