Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Apple Tan for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
This recipe is best with
- 500g Anchor Cream Cheese
- 60g Coconut Sugar (Gula Melaka)
- 90g Granulated Sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 6 pieces of Pandan leaves
- 250ml Anchor Whipping Cream
- 20g Cake Flour
- 40g Coconut Shred
- 8 pieces of Onde-Onde
- Preheat the oven 220°C for 10 minutes.
- Cut coconut sugar into powder or small pieces.
- Cut pandan leaves into small pieces.
- Put Anchor Cream Cheese in room temperature for 30minutes (to make the cream cheese soft).
- Blend pandan leaves and Anchor whipping cream until cream becomes green color and filter the leaves, just keep the green color cream.
- Fit the parchment paper into a 7' round mould.
- Beat cream cheese, coconut sugar and granulated sugar until very smooth, no lumps remain, and sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating each egg 15 seconds before adding the next. Scrape down sides of bowl, then reduce mixer speed to medium-low. Add pandan green cream beat until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Turn off the mixer and sift low protein flour evenly over cream cheese mixture using a fine-mesh sieve. Beat on low speed until incorporated, about 15 seconds. Beat until the batter is very smooth, about 10 seconds.
- Pour batter into the prepared round mould. Bake cheesecake until deeply golden brown on top and still very jiggly in the center, 30-35 minutes.
- Wait the burnt cheesecake cold and put it in the fridge for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, remove burnt cheese cake from the mould and put on shredded coconut and onde-onde. Cut out one piece on a plate, and drench on some melted coconut sugar, and SERVE!
Baking the burnt cheesecake: