Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Meghan Lee for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
- Anchor cream cheese 500g (room temperature)
- Sugar 80g
- Salts 1/8tsp
- Eggs 3
- Flour 21g
- Whipping cream 200g
- Santan 40g
- Gula melaka chunks 33g
- Pandan leaves 4
- Water 70g
- A drops of green food colouring
- Preheat oven at 230c, line the 6inch round mould with a parchment paper.
- Cut the pandan leaves into 4cm, blend it in a blender with the water, and use a strainer to squeeze out the juice and set aside.
- Cream the cream cheese with the sugar and salts, until its fluffy and smooth as the salts and sugar granules disappear.
- Slowly and gradually add the beaten eggs separate times, mix until combined.
- Sift the flour, and mix until no lumps.
- Gradually add the whipping cream and santan while you stir, mix until combined.
- Add the pandan juice to add the flavour and colour, drop 1 tiny drops of green food colouring to enhance the colour.
- Lastly, add the gula melaka chunks into the batter, mix well.
- Bake it at 230c for 30 minutes. Chill it in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight, serve cold or serve warm as you prefer.