This recipe is best with
- Pain Aux Raisins Dough
- 520g All Purpose Flour
- 330ml Anchor UHT Milk
- 6g Instant Yeast
- 50g Sugar
- 3g Salt
- 255g Anchor Unsalted Butter melted
- 250g Anchor Butter Sheet
- Pastry Cream
- 725ml Anchor UHT Milk
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 130g Sugar
- 35g All Purpose Flour
- 35g Corn Starch
- 5ml Vanilla Extract
- 300g Raisins
- Egg wash
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 5g Anchor Whipping Cream
- Slightly warm the milk and add the yeast in it to activate.
- Sift the flour on to a clean surface, make a well in the center. Add sugar and salt and stir in the melted butter. Add in half of the milk and yeast mixture. Slowly incorporate the mixture. When it becomes thick add in the rest of the mixture. Gather the dough into ball. Loosely wrap in plastic film and let it rest in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes or preferably overnight.
- Lightly pound the Butter Sheet until it has the same consistency of the dough. Shape the butter into a flat square.
- Roll the dough into a rectangular shape. Place the butter in the middle and fold the two side arms over it.
- Roll it flat into a rectangular shape. Rotate 90 degrees and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes. Continue this process for another 3 more times.
- Bring the milk to boil
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar together. Add in the Flour and corn starch.
- Pour the hot milk over the egg mixture and whisk until all ingredients are combines.
- Use a sieve to strain the mixture and return to the stove on a medium heat continue to stir using a whisk until it thickens.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and chill it in the fridge
- Using a fork combine egg yolk and whipping cream together
- Roll out the dough to a rectangular shape. About 20 cm wide by 46 cm long.
- Spread a think layer of the pastry cream.
- Sprinkle over the raisins.
- Roll it from one end over the other. And cut the roll into desired thickness about 2cm approximately.
- Apply the egg wash around, try to avoid applying it on the opening of the layering as it will affect the appearance.
- Allow it to proof in a warm area
- Bake 20 - 30 minutes until its golden.
Pain Aux Raisins Dough