Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Reena Ram for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
This recipe is best with
- Cheesecake batter
- 340g Anchor Cream Cheese
- 120g Castor sugar
- 10g Soft Flour
- 10ml Vanilla Essence
- 270g Anchor Whipping Cream
- 3 nos eggs
- 20ml Pandan Essence
- 30ml Pandan Flavour
- 40g Peanut Butter
- 20g Crushed Peanuts
- Muar chee dough
- 60g Glutinous Rice Flour
- 5ml Pandan Essence
- 5ml Pandan Flavour
- 10g Icing Sugar
- 5ml Vegetable Oil
- 88ml water
- 30g Peanut Powder
- 15g Castor Sugar
- Cream the cream cheese until it is soft using a paddle attachment. Beat at medium speed.
- Sift flour into the cream cheese and add castor sugar. Add in vanilla after mixture is smooth.
- Reduce to slow speed and add eggs one by one into cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Measure half of the whipping cream amount and add essence plus flavouring then pour in half of cheesecake mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix the other half of the cream with peanut butter and combine with remaining cheesecake batter.
- Line a 6-inch baking tin and slowly pour the two flavoured mixture. Add crushed peanuts inside and tap a few times.
- Preheat oven at 200 Degree Celsius and bake for 28 minutes.
- After baking let it cool down and chill overnight before cutting.
- For the topping, combine all ingredients for Muar Chee dough in a non-stick pan.
- Cook on low heat until a ball of translucent sticky dough is formed.
- Cut small pieces and coat them with peanut powder and castor sugar.
- Drizzle peanut butter and add muar chee on the top.