This recipe is best with
- Leaf Wrapping:
- 8 pieces Banana Leaves
- Spice Blend:
- 10 Shallots
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Red Chillies (Fresh)
- 2 Lemongrass Stalk (sliced)
- 1 inch Galangal
- 1 inch Turmeric
- 20g Shrimp Paste / Belacan (toasted)
- 100g Whole Eggs
- 4g Sugar
- 5g Salt
- 50g Desiccated Coconut
- 200g Tapioca Flour
- 3 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 240g Anchor UHT Whipping Cream
- 500g Minced Chicken
- Cut banana leaves into 3x10".
- Soak in hot water to soften the leaves.
- Keep aside.
- In a food processor, blend all the ingredients until it forms a smooth paste. Transfer into a bowl.
- In a food processor, mix all ingredients (EXCEPT Anchor Whipping Cream and Tapioca Flour), and blend until smooth.
- Transfer into a bowl and stir in Anchor Whipping Cream and Tapioca Flour until mix well.
- Stir custard mixture with spice blend.
- Mix in the minced chicken.
- Take 1 banana leaf wrapping and place the filling in the centre.
- Fold banana leaf sides towards the centre and secure with skewers on both ends.
- Steam for 12 minutes, and remove from steamer, and ready to serve.
- Toast in oven for 5 to 8 minutes (optional).