Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Harry Low for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
“Anchor brand cream cheese and whipping cream is used to provide smoother and creamier texture. Sarawak black pepper is used to provide quality taste and aroma of the black pepper flavour. While folding in the puree into whipping cream, do not keep stirring or use a mixer to prevent creating more air bubbles. It will make the cake to puff up very high while baking and sink when it is done, creating a big hole in the middle of the cake while affecting the presentation of the cake.” – Harry Low
- Cream cheese 430g
- Castor sugar 120g
- Egg 150g
- Pineapple puree 200g
- Whipping cream 70g
- Vanilla extract 1tsp
- Pineapple Puree
- Pineapple 1nos
- Cardamom 4nos
- Sarawak Black Pepper To taste/5g
- Lemon Juice 10g
- Sugar 20g
- Toppings / Garnish
- Dried Pineapple 50g
- Cardamom 5nos
- Peel and cut the pineapple into smaller pieces.
- In a pot, add in pineapple, sugar, cardamom and lemon juice and cook until the pineapple is softened.
- Add in black pepper until the black pepper flavour can be tasted.
- Blend the mixture and sieve to remove all the fibre.
- Beat cream cheese with sugar until it is softened, smooth and no lumps with a mixer in a medium speed.
- Add in vanilla extract into the mixture.
- Turn the mixer into low speed and slowly add in eggs and beat until it is incorporated.
- In a bowl, prepare whipping cream and pineapple puree.
- Slowly fold in until well combined.
- Add in the cream cheese batter into the whipping cream mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a 6 inch cake mould with layered baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven, 200 °C and bake for 30 minutes.
- Once baked, let it cool down and chill overnight before serving.
- Cut some dried pineapple and put as toppings. Garnish with some cardamom.