This recipe is courtesy of Anchor Dairy.
This recipe is best with
- Starter Dough:
- 50ml Anchor UHT Milk
- 90g All Purpose Flour
- 7g Instant Yeast
- Brioche Dough:
- 250g All Purpose Flour
- 110g Eggs Lightly Beatened
- 45ml Anchor UHT Milk
- 6g Instant Yeast
- 3g Pandan Essence
- 125g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 175g Candied mix fruits
- 6g Salt
- Egg Wash:
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 10ml Anchor Whipping Cream
- 2g Salt
- For the starter dough, slightly warm up the milk to around 38 degrees Celcius and add in the yeast. Make sure its slightly bubby after around 5 minutes. This shows that the yeast is active.
- Once this is done add in the flour and make a dough. Leave it for 1 hour and 30 minutes before using it.
- For the brioche dough, slightly warm up the milk to around 38 degrees Celcius and add in the yeast. Make sure its slightly bubby after around 5 minutes. This shows that the yeast is active.
- Then add in the flour, salt, eggs and pandan essense. Knead for 7 minutes.
- Add in the butter a little at a time until its completely blended into the dough.
- Allow it to rise and punch the air bubbles out. Add in the candied mix fruits.
- Shape it accordingly. Allow it to rise again. Apply egg wash and bake at 160 degrees celcius for about 35-40 minutes.
- For the egg wash, combine all the ingredients together.