Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Kak Wan for “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
- 350 gm Anchor Cream Cheese
- 60 ml Condensed Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Rose Syrup
- 50 ml Anchor UHT Whipping Cream
- 100 ml thick Coconut Milk
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Corn Starch
- Red Bean:
- 5 cups water
- 1/3 cup red bean
- 1/2 cup Sugar Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Rose Syrup
- 1/2 cup Hawaian Coconut Flakes
- 1 cup Non Dairy Whipping Cream - Beat until soft peak
- Soak Red Bean overnight.
- Bring water and red bean to boil until soft and tender.
- Drain and mixed with sugar syrup and rose syrup.
- Let sit for 10 minutes to let the red bean sweeten.
- Divide by two portion, one portion for cheesecake.
- Keep one portion for serving.
- Take 1 portion of red bean and blend with coconut milk until smooth.
- Preheat oven at 210 C
- Thaw Anchor cream cheese for at least 30 minutes to soften.
- Beat cream cheese until creamy and smooth (no lumps).
- Add condensed milk, rose syrup and blended red bean. Mixed well.
- Slowly mix in eggs, followed by whipping cream and lastly, corn starch.
- Turn to very slow speed and mix until the batter become smooth.
- Strain the mixture and pour into 5 inch round cake mould (lined with parchment paper). Bake at 200 C for 35 minutes.
- Keep in chiller overnight. Unmould and covered with beat whipping cream and coconut flakes.
- Serve chill with red bean and sugar syrup.