This recipe is courtesy of Anchor Dairy; featuring Chef Ichiro Wong, Hot Cooking Advisory Chef, Anchor Food Professional Malaysia & Brunei.
This recipe is best with
- Cream Based Pasta:
- 20g Olive Oil
- 20g Shallot, Sliced
- 15g Garlic, Chopped
- 5g Lemongrass, Smashed
- 200g Water
- 2g Salt
- 1g Pepper
- 0.5 pcs Pandan Leaf
- 20g Virgin Coconut Oil
- 200g Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- Quick Pickle Cucumber:
- 200g Cucumber, Sliced
- 20g Water
- 20g Vinegar
- 20g Sugar
- a pinch, Salt
- Fried Peanuts:
- misc, Shelled Peanuts
- misc, Cooking Oil
- Fried Ikan Bilis:
- misc, Ikan Bilis
- misc, Cooking Oil
- To Prepare Sambal:
- misc, Sambal, Store Bought
- 1/2 nos Big Yellow Onion, Thick Slice
- misc, Lime Leaf
- a pinch, Half Lime Juice
- Pasta & Condiments:
- 80g Spaghetti, To Boil
- In a saute pan, heat olive oil in medium heat. Saute shallot, garlic and lemongrass until fragrant, add water, salt, pepper and pandan leaf, coconut oil and reduce the liquid to half.
- Add Anchor extra yield cooking cream, check to season. Toss in spaghetti, bring to simmer and cook for 1 min, if the sauce is too thick add in some pasta water, then remove from heat.
- Serve on a plate with the condiments, enjoy!
- Bring brine mix to boil. Remove from heat add in all other ingredients and 1 clove crushed garlic, 1 shallot sliced. Set aside until needed.
- Heat oil (enough oil to cover peanuts) to 175°C.
- Fry the peanuts for 3-5mins or until the cracking sound stop and colour become red-brownish.
- Strain and spread on a tray lined with a kitchen towel. sprinkle with some salt and allow to cool before keeping.
- Wash Ikan Bilis and soak in water for 15-20min. Remove from water and squeeze out as much was as possible.
- Heat deep fry oil to 175°C.
- Put just enough amount of ikan bilis the oil can cover and fry in batches. Deep fry the ikan bilis until golden brown or until there's no bubbling in the oil. Strain from oil and lay on a tray lined with a kitchen towel. Allow it to cool before keeping.
- Heat cooking oil in a pot on medium heat. Saute onion until fragrant, add in sambal and bring to simmer, add in lime leaf and some lime juice. Set aside until needed.
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Drop-in cold eggs and boil for 6 min 30 seconds. Remove from heat and soak in ice water. Peel and set aside until needed.
- Bring a pot of water with salt to boil.
- Add in pasta and cook according to packaging instruction, but cook 1 min lesser. Stir occasionally. While waiting, cook the sauce base.