Welcome to the ‘#HealthyEating’ series! #HealthyEating is launched to encourage everyone to love themselves and live a healthier life. In this quarter, we are sharing vegetarian and/or vegan dessert/bread recipes, Vegan Chocolate Cake. This recipe is very easy to make and it’s dairy-free!
Want more vegetarian or vegan recipes? Check out the ‘#HealthyEating’ recipe folder.
- Vegan Chocolate Cake :
- 300g soy milk
- 12g apple cider vinegar
- 5g vanilla essence
- 200g sugar
- 6g salt
- 210g water
- 180g corn oil
- 4g coffee powder
- 300g all purpose flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 12g baking powder
- 5g baking soda
- Vegan Chocolate Ganache :
- 280g dark chocolate buttons
- 280g thick coconut milk
- 2g salt
- Lightly heat the coconut milk and salt (not till boiling), and pour it over the dark chocolate buttons.
- Stir till the chocolate completely melts. Let it cool and chill in the fridge overnight
- In a bowl, combine soy milk and apple cider vinegar. Let it sit for at least 5 mins.
- Add in vanilla, salt, sugar, water, corn oil and coffee powder, Mix well.
- Sift in the rest of the dry ingredients and mix till there are no visible lumps of flour.
- Transfer over to 3x 8 inch lined cake tins at 420g batter each tin
- Bake at 175 deg C for 20-25 mins.
- Once done baking, let it cool completely and store in the freezer overnight.
- Take the chilled ganache out of fridge and let it sit at room temp for 5-10 mins
- Use a electrical hand mixer to whisk the ganache till it becomes light and airy,
- Fill and frost the cake with the aerated chocolate ganache.
- Let it chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving, Enjoy!