Welcome to the ‘#HealthyEating’ series! #HealhyEating is launched to encourage everyone to love themselves and live a healthier life. In this quarter, we are sharing vegetarian and/or vegan dessert/bread recipes, Vegan Lemon Tarts. These sweet and tangy Lemon Tarts are made with a sable cookie crust and filled with almond cream and lemon curd, topped with whipped vegan cream and garnished with lemon zest. You can make it into a big tart or mini bite-size tarts as a bright and cheery dessert for teatime or to enjoy after a meal.
Want more vegetarian or vegan recipes? Check out the ‘#HealthyEating’ recipe folder.
- Almond Cream:
- 83g Almond Flour
- 52g Icing Sugar
- 40g Margarine
- 32g Almond Milk
- 20g All Purpose Flour
- Sable Crust:
- 115g Margarine
- 136g All Purpose Flour
- 25g Icing Sugar
- 1⁄2 Lemon for Zest
- Lemon Curd:
- 60g Lemon Juice
- 1 Lemon for Zest
- 100g Sugar
- 110g Soy Milk
- 20g Corn Flour
- 10g Margarine
- 1 drop Yellow Colouring
- Vegan Cream:
- 400g Vegan Cream
- 60g Soy Milk
- Beat the margarine, salt and icing sugar together with a mixer until light and fluffy, scraping the sides as needed.
- Mix in flour and almond milk on low speed until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Put in a piping bag and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Prepare tart moulds and baking trays with a silicon map.
- Beat the margarine and icing sugar together with a mixer until light and fluffy, scraping the sides as needed.
- Mix in flour and lemon zest on low speed until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before use.
- Roll and shape the dough according to the tart moulds.
- Bake at 170 °C for 5 minutes, then pipe in almond cream and continue to bake for another 8 minutes until ready.
- In a small pot, whisk together all ingredients, except margarine and colouring.
- Put over medium heat, whisking frequently, until the curd thickens.
- Add a drop of colouring and mix well. Whisk vigorously as it thickens to ensure a smooth curd.
- Remove from heat and pour into the baked shells.
- Using a whisk, whisk the ingredients together until medium peak.
- Pipe over the top of the tarts and garnish with lemon zest.
- Follow the ratio and instructions according to the vegan cream of choice selected. Different brands may vary.