This recipe is courtesy of Anchor Dairy.
This recipe is best with
- 100g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 50g Sugar
- 20g Egg Yolk
- 150g All Purpose Flour
- 3g Baking Powder
- 80g Semolina Flour
- 12g Anchor UHT Milk
- Spiced Apple Mince Filling:
- 100g Raisin
- 100g Orange Peel
- 100g Dried Cranberries
- 75g Dried Apricots
- 100g Apple (peeled and grated)
- 100g Brown Sugar
- 80g Orange Juice
- 8g Cinnamon (in a spice bag)
- 5g Cloves (in a spice bag)
- 10g vanilla essence
- In a pot, put all the ingredients (except vanilla essence) and let it simmer for 30 minutes on low heat.
- When filling is soft, remove from heat and take out the cinnamon and cloves.
- Stir in the vanilla essence and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a mixing bowl, soften Anchor Unsalted Butter and add in sugar. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg yolks and mix well, then sift in the flour, baking powder and semolina flour and mix well.
- Add in the Anchor UHT Milk last and mix until combine. Divide into 1/4 and 3/4 parts.
- Press the 3/4 dough to the bottom of a 28cm x 18cm pan.
- Top the pastry with the mince apple filling, and crumble the 1/4 dough on top.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes until golden brown.